Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Politics Note: Energy Policy

I have noticed that there has been a good bit of back-and-forth between the McCain and Obama campaigns in the past week over issues surrounding energy policy.

Clearly gas, electricity, and fuel oil prices are something that is effecting all our families. On our sister site devoted to politics, Illini Family Politics [ http://ilfamilypolitics.blogspot.com/ ], I will be running a series of articles dealing with energy.

Each candidate's position on the day's energy issue will be presented in the candidate's own words, from sources that are publicly available. Today's topic is "Alternative Energy".

Your vote is a powerful tool, and it is important (but difficult) for most families to educate themselves on issues. I find that, even reading the newspaper on a daily basis, it is hard for me to understand the candidates positions on all the issues. The goal of the policy series on Illini Family Politics will be to break down the information out there to make it easier to decide which candidate is proposing policies that are good for you and your family.

I hope this will be helpful for you and your family. As always, I am open to your comments.

Happy reading,

Midwest Mom
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.