Friday, August 29, 2008

I Can't Stand being Grounded!

This week, I have been 'grounded' by a non-working vehicle. It has been a royal pain. But, in the spirit of positivity, I'm trying to find ways to look on the bright side.

It isn't easy.

Still, I thought it would be good to list a few positives I've noticed from the week.

1) I have paid $0 in gas this week. (We won't go into how much the repair will cost... remember, I'm thinking positive.)

2) My daughter and I have taken walks every day through the neighborhood and to our local playground. It has been good to be out, and I find that we talk more and discover more together when we're walking than we ever do when I'm trying to drive the car safely.

3) My husband will not get upset about anything I've purchased this week. I didn't go shopping.

4) When we had soccer practice, the whole family biked there. I had my 5 year old and 2(almost 3) year old in the bike trailer. Can you say, Buns of Steel?

5) We have gotten into the habit of the boys riding to and from school on the bus. It isn't as tough as I thought it would be to get out of the house on time, and our bus driver told us to come to the corner about 10 minutes later than we thought, so the kids don't have to cross a busy street. (Have I mentioned I love our bus driver?)

and, finally

6) There has been absolutely no wasted food this week. What a meal planner I am when I can't just pick up and go to the grocery store! Perhaps I'll write a cookbook called, "Creative Leftovers: What to cook when your car konks out".
It's sure to be a best seller.

I wonder whether I can get my repair shop to carry it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.