Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Barack Obama's

Victory Speech

Our country has a new President, and I couldn't be happier. Watching President-Elect Barack Obama and his family last night made me so proud of my country. I was even more proud to know that more voters than ever turned out to make our voices heard.

In his speech, President Obama emphasized that he will be president for all Americans. I hope we can all come together and begin to do the work of our country as strong citizens united.

I just came home from dropping my children off at school, and there was a sense of excitement there and a buzz about our new President that was great to see. And it brings tears to my eyes to know that there is a whole group of mothers and grandmothers, who themselves never fully knew this day would come, and who now can tell their children and their grandchildren that it is possible to achieve the highest office in the land.

I am so very proud of our country today.

Here's the video of last night's speech (in case you fell asleep before all the results came in or were tending a sick child or doing all the other things moms do...)



Thank you all for being a part of this important election.

- Midwest Mom

3 comments:

  1. we will see if changes will be made,but i am almost sure everything will be the same with obama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I, for one, think it's terrific that he was elected. I've been so tired of the way our country has been running.

    Maybe the most important change isn't supposed to be in the government -- it's supposed to be in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's days later and I still feel electric with hope for the possibilities.

    And I completely agree with mariana above-- the change is in our hands, with the difference being a president who believes in and supports ALL of us.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.