Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sweet Temptation and Johnny Depp

One of the few things I cannot stand about the Easter aftermath is the fact that my house is now filled with sweets.

We are not a candy family, and yet I am now surrounded by...

M&Ms
Robins Eggs
Jelly Beans
Dove Chocolate eggs
Chocolate bunnies
Sweet Tarts
Carrot cupcakes
and three kinds of coffee cake.

Yikes.

To offset the monumental ingestion of sugar over the weekend, I worked out yesterday evening. I'm planning to again today (the first day my boys are back at school). But life would be a whole heck of a lot easier if my dining room table didn't look like a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Wait a minute! Maybe all I have to do is think about this creep haunting my dining room...




[shudder]

Yep, that'll keep me from looking like Augustus Gloop by the end of the day... Then I can sit back and think about this guy instead.



MMM-mm. Now that's a sweet indulgence I don't mind in the least.

- Midwest Mom

4 comments:

  1. I'm sort of sugared out here, too. Mostly I'm sick of finding wrappers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Johnny Depp lover. He digs me. :-)

    Found you on Green Girl's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Teri! Nice to meet you. :D

    I should have figured that she who hosts the Colin Firth photo hunkfest might send someone by.

    ... I have a sneaking suspicion that Johnny Depp digs me, too. But don't worry. I'm in *such* a sharing mood.

    GG - Yeah, those little bits of foil can be annoying. But not as annoying as the Easter grass!

    :D - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. He is very yummy. And I suspect, not very good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.