Monday, September 8, 2008

Potty Success! (It's about time!)

Those of you who read Midwest Moms on a regular basis know that we have been struggling with the potty training of our youngest daughter.

Well, do I have news for you!

Today marks the very first day since May 2001 that I did not change a single dirty or wet diaper.

Yes, folks, mark your calendars. (Umm, actually, that might be a little weird.) But you can at least make a mental note, if you choose. Today was a banner day in our household, after seven and a half long years of motherhood. It's like getting a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

Now, I can't guarantee that our little flower will never have another accident. I'm probably jinxing whatever progress she's made just by writing this at all. But, it happened and now it has been appropriately documented.

So, to Kate of The Blankie Chronicles and any other Mom struggling to potty train a child, I have a message:

See that light? It just might be the end of the tunnel, honey.

- Midwest Mom

7 comments:

  1. congratulations! Who cares if it doesn't last forever... you got a day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a long time of diaper duty, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for her! (and you, too.) Hope you did something fun with your newfound freedom. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats to you. We're still a l-o-n-g way from potty training but I do look forward to the day when I don't have to change a single diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies!

    I was almost a little too scared to crow about it, but I got to the end of the day and looked at the changing station and thought, I haven't been here ALL DAY! WooHoo! :)

    Now, we're trying the big girl panties, so there are stronger consequences for accidents... Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I long for those diaper free days!
    We are embarking on the potty training days very soon. Even though I our two year old responds to the wearing of underwear with, "No, no, no, I'm good! I wear a diaper, no underwears."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan --

    Welcome to the blog!

    My daughter did that too.. "No, Mommy. I'm a baby today. I wear diapers."

    How frustrating! (But for the past couple of days, she's actually been wearing the "big girl pants!" ) Yahoo!

    - MM

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.